Monday, July 27, 2009

About That Issue of Tech Writers and Business

I've heard from two people, so far, who read something other than what I intended into what I wrote about tech writers and business, so...

I don't assume that tech writers are incompetent or incapable of understanding business issues. Nor do I hold tech writers who come from fine arts or English backgrounds in disdain. (I have a bachelors in English myself.)

I simply believe that too many tech writers just don't want to get involved in the finance side of business, an attitude that holds those writers back from having a more influential role in their companies' operations. If tech writers are going to compete with consultants and outsourcing and offshoring firms, we need to be able to hold our own in business terms during operational discussions. That's it...

No comments: