I was asked on LinkedIn whether Flare supported image maps and how to create them. I don't see image maps used much anymore but they can be useful. Flare makes it easy to create them with its built-in image map editor. Here's how:
- Insert your graphic in the topic.
- Right-click on the graphic and select Image Map from the dropdown menu.
- Click on any of the three "New... Mode" buttons on the toolbar and draw the desired shape. To resize a shape, click on and drag one of its drag handles. To move a shape, just drag it. There are various other image options, but the three mode buttons are the core.
- After you create the shape, double-click it. The Area Properties dialog box opens. (It's basically the same as the Hyperlink Properties dialog box.)
- Specify the link parameters like you would for any type of link and you're done.
Be sure to test the hot spots in your browsers. I haven't used image maps in a while so there may have been some changes in the browsers that break the hot spots, but they did work fine on my PC using Chrome, IE, and Edge.